Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
degens6000
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

HH5 - Restarts

Hi,

I have recently signed up and I am currently in the 10 day training period. Knowing that I am not supposed to restart my hub if possible during this time I have noticed in the logs, that everyday, shortly after all user activity has ceased, my hub is restarting itself. I have not gone a day now ( day 5 ) without this automatic restart in the early hours.

Is this behaviour normal? and merely the exchange balancing the connection or is it indicating a problem somewhere. I am slightly concerned that if this daily restart is not instigated as part of the training period that my exchange will interpret it as a problem and reduce my profile?.

Thanks for any advice?.

04:04:03, 08 Nov.(*****) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
04:04:03, 08 Nov.(*****) CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
04:04:03, 08 Nov.(*****) CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '4 VALUE CHANGE'
04:03:33, 08 Nov.(*****) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
04:03:32, 08 Nov.(*****) CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
04:03:32, 08 Nov.(*****) CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '4 VALUE CHANGE'
04:03:31, 08 Nov.(*****) CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 4 VALUE CHANGE
04:03:20, 08 Nov.(*****) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH5 - Restarts

Might be upgrading the firmware if it was using an older version given its such a recent install. At the bottom of the page there should be a "software version" number.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 3 of 5

As you've just joined Infinity the DLM will be doing changes to your line to find the optimum for your line, these changes happen during the night and nothing to worry about.

0 Ratings
degens6000
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Ok, Thank you. I was hoping that it was part of the process. The fact that it was happening in the early hours when there was no activity my end suggested it might be the DLM / exchange doing its stuff.

Software Version = BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.4 | Last updated Unknown

No idea if that is current or updated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

That's current firmware. Just let DLM do it's job over the next few days. If you have a problem after that then post back.

0 Ratings