cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyhudson1979
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

HH5 and openreach modem setup

If I was to connect a white openreach modem to my HH5, what would I need to do?

Is it just a case of plugging it into the red port of the hub and thats it? Do I need to tell the hub of it is only a router.

I know there are 2 manufacturers of modem, Huawei and ECI, and you need to get one matching the cabinet. How do I know what type of cabinet I have?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: HH5 and openreach modem setup

the modem is just plug and play no changes to hub needed apart from conencting to different port

what exchange and cab number  the huawei is most popular

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

The Openreach modem type doesn't need to match the cabinet type.

I don't think you need to do anything special with the HH5. Just connect the grey DSL cable to the modem rather than the hub, and then the modem LAN to the red ethernet port on the HH5 using an ethernet cable. The HH5 should automatically work just as a router in that set up.
0 Ratings
andyhudson1979
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the quick reply. My cabinet is 6 from the Coppull exchange.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@andyhudson1979 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. My cabinet is 6 from the Coppull exchange.

Huawei cabinet.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

If you want line stats from the HG612 then you need to unlock it. There are instructions on Kitz at Huawei HG612 FTTC Modem & Line Stats.

You can use Telnet or a Windows app DSLstats to view the stats. You can also push them to MyDSLWebStats.

If you're more a Linux fan then think about Munin and the Plugins at https://github.com/bugmancx/huawei-hg612-munin.

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@andyhudson1979 Unlocking the Huawei HG612 is trivial, the ECI is definitely not trivial and involves soldering irons.

0 Ratings