cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

HH5 blue light no internet

Seems this is quite a common problem! Have been trying to rea the threads but am having to do this via a phone hotspot. As per the thread posted by Alan in 2020. have home hub 5. Alexa x 2 can connect no problem but laptop, phones and ipads can't. Max 3 devices only connected at any one time. I tried to log into the home hub but have fallen at the first hurdle! Please help, where do I start? This is a bit of a lifeline at the moment so really need the internet to be up and running.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: HH5 blue light no internet

If Alexa is connected, there is absolutely no reason why your laptop, iPhones and iPads cannot connect too. The number of devices is unimportant - we have 7 on the go.

Presumably, you have actually turned on wi-fi on your pads and phones?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

you wont get access to hub manager using a wifi hotspot

try using laptop with ethernet connection to hub as that should access hub manager (you don't need internet connection when using ethernet to hub)

have you tried just resetting hub or better still a factory reset using recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 sec until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Yes. wifi is switched on on all ipads/phones - that's how I'm typing:) Have managed to get laptop connected now by going through the troubleshooter so can get on to the hub. What do I need to check there please?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Should add: have switched off at plug etc and done factory reset numerous times.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

if you now access hub manager then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@Violettewrote:
Yes. wifi is switched on on all ipads/phones - that's how I'm typing:) Have managed to get laptop connected now by going through the troubleshooter so can get on to the hub. 

Your opening post "Alexa x 2 can connect no problem but laptop, phones and ipads can't. " 😊

If the Alexa and laptop are connected, then perhaps you need to investigate the value you have entered in your 'phones and pads Wi-Fi, ensuring they show YOUR Hub id.

It seems now that you have successfully connected everything?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ41420283
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.264 (Type A) Last updated 28/02/19
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 10:36:53
6. Data rate:8776 / 41092
7. Maximum data rate:8776 / 41524
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 3.7
9. Line attenuation:33.4 / 22.3
10. Signal attenuation:32.8 / 20.0
11. Data sent/received:41.3 MB / 846.4 MB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-FNWG
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-FNWG
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:40:f2:01:00:9b:be
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

They absolutely do! They just say no internet access. It seems similar to the problem posted in May2020 when someone said wifi printer worked fine but noting could access the internet.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

your connection looks ok with speed near attainable

try this

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

I would also select the wireless channels manually probably using a wifi analyser on my phone to find channels in use near me and selecting a free or less congested channel

0 Ratings