Message 11 of 37

Re: HH5 reset.. many many times!.

It looks like its attmepting to update.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 37

was last reset due to hub resetting or the factory reset suggested by ray?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
smurphy
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 37

I have performed the reset. Then 20 mind later it dropped off again
0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 14 of 37

@pippincp wrote:

Stick to them and be at the mercy of your ISP.  The choice is of course yours.

Least BTRetail don't force customers to uses their equipment like certain other isp's.... 😉

I believe using the hh5 is not a condition of service & its just "package feature" provided by btretail and is  only covered for 12months.  

If a fault occurs after once 12 months has expired then its either pay for a new one or recontract for 12/18m.

As pippincp  highlights you have choice , but  using a separate modem & router is something to reaseach if stablity is of prime concern if the line keeps coming back with no fault found.....

0 Ratings
smurphy
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 37

I have had an account for next door since 56k modems. I have had this account since June last year...
0 Ratings
smurphy
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 37

Three more disconnects today. I am not buying my own modem or router for this contract as I have had it less than 6 months.

Can I get mod assistance before I look to cancel both of my accounts?.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 37

If the quiet line test is ok and you have tried test socket and still dropping conenction then you need to phone customer services and ask for a replacement router as yours keeps dropping connection

cancelling while still in contract term may be expensive. 

cancellation charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
smurphy
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 37

I will give them a ring in the morning. 

0 Ratings
smurphy
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 37

HH5 connection issues once again.

Previous Thread

(https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/HH5-reset-many-many-times/td-p/1444028)

I have had my HH5 swapped out by customer service around this date last month and I am still having dropout issues. I have no noise on the line and my other equipment is running spot on.

Can I please get some more help from a mod please. This issue needs to be rectified as I am losing patience now with BT, I do not want to purchase other equipment to make this service run correctly as it should be running great without this other equipment. 

I am still within my first year on this contract and out of contract on my other home (BT PHONE,INFINITY2,BT TV) and there are no issues on that equipment. It is the house next to my home and its semi detached. 

It's getting to the point now where I don't bother watching netflix or any other online service as it just drops out. The router either powers down and back up again/or connection is lost?.

I just want a stable service that I am paying alot of money to use and its not working as it should, I know that you will say the router is not part of the package etc however I am still within my first year so its either the router or the line (tested late last year by openreach and was sorted)

Please can a mod get back to me and I can get this issue sorted. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 37

Re: HH5 connection issues once again.

Can you post your helpdesk data from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254 or http://bthomehub.home

Helpdesk.png

Please miss out any data you don't want to post

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings