cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacksog500uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

HH6 (Smarthub) drops internet connection every few weeks

Since buying new smarthub 6 months ago, it intermittently drops internet connection every few weeks. The blue light is on but I cannot cannot access internet from any device (wirelessly or wired). When I ring BT they check the line and say there is no fault so i say it must be a faulty hub which they deny. Usually i have to reset the hub at least 6 times and it then connects, until another few weeks pass and same thing happens. It’s driving me up the wall as each time I have to reconnect all devices in the house that use Wi-fi (about 20). I’m sick of BT increasing their prices and providing a poor service and as soon as my contract is up I’ll be leaving - but that isn’t till Nov 18 so I’m stuck with their unfit for purpose equipment. Any suggestions as to why this is happening or help appreciated. Also when it happens the Wi-fi shows connected (e.g. on iPhone) but it then prompts for SSID password.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH6 (Smarthub) drops internet connection every few weeks

the hub resetting about every 14days is a common thing but it normally reconnects immediately at the same speed and noise margin after as it had before  it can be annoying but nothing you can do apart from get a third party router

have you turned of smart setup?

Have you split the 2.4/5ghz networks and also selected channels manually rather than automatic

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jacksog500uk
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for reply - I split the 2ghz and 5ghz when I installed (god knows why BT allocate a ridiculous ssid format) - channels manually selected and smart setup is off (again all done when installing). I’ve tried everything I can think off - my old HH4 never did it but it eventually wouldn’t connect to 2ghz band.
I think I’ll have to buy a 3rd party router - yet more money spent trying to fix BT’s inefficiencies.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

many on the forum opt for the tplink 9970 at about £30 and are happy with the result

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
matekaneve
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

My smarthub reconnects every 16 days now. It used to be every 14 days, then back in July last year it received a firmware update and had continuous connection for weeks. In the last couple of month every 16 days it reconnects. Always with the same sync speed (72.10Mbps) though and always at the same time at midnight. As long as it keeps this speed I'm quite happy and not bothered with this 16 days cycle...

0 Ratings