Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NidgeMorphie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

HUB 5 Connectivity on/off

Go to solution

I've had "broadband" for a week now and my connection just drops on and off when it feels like it. It tends to work in the afternoon but by the time I'm up in the morning it's dropped off again. Once home from work it takes me about an hour and many resets to eventually get it going but even then it can drop off again later?

Ive had an engineer come out to look at it and he is unsure what the problem is. He has tested the box outside which is fine but when he removes the HUB and connects directly to the line in my flat he is getting no signal.

When I reset, it seems as though it connects for a few seconds then goes back to flicking between a flashing orange light and then a steady orange light with a flashing red B. If I persist and keep reseting it eventually seems to connect but as above can cut off at any point.

Please can someone help me as I am unable to watch the football or anything else and this is really frustrating.

*edit line number is *******(I can send HUB and connivity details when I get home assuming the broadband is working??)

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
shought
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 25

Re: HUB 5 Connectivity on/off

Go to solution
May I suggest you urgently remove your landline number. This is a public forum anyone is able to sign up and view this information. We are simply members that help and DO NOT work for BT.
0 Ratings
NidgeMorphie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

I haven't got a home phone so if I get any abuse calls they won't get through. I've tried editing and removing the post but there are no options to do this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

You can only edit a post for one hour after posting.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution
Moderators advised to edit
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

@NidgeMorphie wrote:

Ive had an engineer come out to look at it and he is unsure what the problem is. He has tested the box outside which is fine but when he removes the HUB and connects directly to the line in my flat he is getting no signal.

So is he intending to come back and try to fix it, has he closed the fault? You need to get the engineer back to resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
NidgeMorphie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks, I've booked another visit tomorrow hopefully sort it out. Please feel free to delete the post.
0 Ratings
NidgeMorphie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

No engineer turned up, broadband is still on/off (mostly off) when ever it feels like it. Recieved a bill from BT charging me on the 7th for "broadband service".. what a joke.

None of these problems with Virgin Media. Talking to people at work today and most people have had issues and disatisfaction with BT.

How is BT still trading - monopoly of the service and unfortunately for some they only have access to BT land lines.

Very unhappy now as I've not had "broadband service" for a month since joining and I'm now being charged for something I've not been provided..

0 Ratings
NidgeMorphie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Random call from an engineer today to say he's at the building while I'm at work, nobody advised he was coming? After advising many times, I need to arrange for my landlord to provide access to the fibre box in the buidling due to the door being locked.

Have been told that the issue was in the box room at the beginning of the week by another engineer. Spoke on live chat 2 days ago and was told the fault is outside the building and that the sortware needed upgrading and would be done by friday yesterday or monday.. spoke to the engineer after he called me this morning he says he checked the box outside and its fine and the problem is with the connection inside the buidling.. what is going on??? nobody seems to be communicating within BT, I'm getting different reasons for the issue!? Are your call centres and live chat employees just giving any old excuse for the issues?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

Hi NidgeMorphie,

I can understand your frustration with the engineer arriving unexpectedly. I can take a look at what is happening with your fault. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings