cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dylanere
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Haha, well done bt infinity you sneaky **bleep**!!! :) :)

You have lured me into your trap, I was once with BT many years ago, now with (very bad) postoffice adsl 8mb, changing in may, was going to go with sky. I wanted to go with sky because (i THINK it's a better service) it's a better service and there's no traffic management. But with all of the half speed issues, and exchange congestion issues with sky's fibre optic network, and with bt to remove p2p throttling, they have lured me into their trap. I will be migrating to bt infinity in may, I hope I get full speed 🙂

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Haha, well done bt infinity you sneaky **bleep**!!! :) :)

I'm experiencing the same, I'm pretty sure a lot are just BT make an announcement about it. 

Tip go somewhere else, Plusnet seem good though they are owned by BT. Though the team there seems to be a lot better.

I've been having packetloss causing bad throughput since Sky and Plusnet announced the problems, could be a concidence but hey!

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
dylanere
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Do plusnet use there own network like sky and talk talk? Or are they owned by bt? I mean, if you had plusnet and went to speedtest.net, would it say plusnet or british telecommunications for your isp. I know sky and talk talk have their own network because theres says the isp name, NOT bt.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Plusnet, they are exactly the same as regard to Sky/TalkTalk from BT in that sense.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@dylanere wrote:

Do plusnet use there own network like sky and talk talk? Or are they owned by bt? I mean, if you had plusnet and went to speedtest.net, would it say plusnet or british telecommunications for your isp. I know sky and talk talk have their own network because theres says the isp name, NOT bt.

Sky, TalkTalk and BT use the Openreach network for FTTC.

0 Ratings