cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Halo 1 broadband offer

Go to solution

I have just been offered the new Halo 1 upgrade for free on a 24 month contract I am already paying BT for phone rental plus broadband over a telephone line on which I get 38mbps.

for me to take up this offer I need to know I am going to get a significant upgrade in regards to MBps.

I am a home worker who connects to my work network via a VPN which cuts my broadband speed down to 18.5mbps which is not quick enough to run everything I need run smoothly on the work network

Halo 1 looks to be fibre optic based so I'm assuming  because BT has made me this offer I am linked up to accept broadband via a fibre optic cable.

presuming all the above is correct does anyone know what kind of increased in bandwidth I can expect to receive in regards to download speed

I will be connecting to the hub via ethernet cable as I'm guessing that Is better than connecting via Wi Fi

Thank you for your assistance

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Halo 1 broadband offer

Go to solution

Halo 1 is just an add-on to a broadband package and does not give any speed increase. You already have FTTC with 38mb connection speed.  Is the upgrade you mention to FTTP or just to Halo 1?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
HI Thank you for your quick reply
as far as I can tell they are just offering me the hub however it does say the Halo 1 Fibre Hub but there is no mention of connection to a fibre network or any speed increase
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Enter your phone number HERE to see if you can get FTTP. If you can't there will be no increase in speed.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for directing me to this phone number checker as it showed me that FTTP is not available to my telephone number..hence there is no need for me to accept the offer for Halo 1 as there will be no increase in speed for me

0 Ratings