cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Halo 1 - do I or don't I have it?

Have just received a letter to upgrade to BT Halo 1 for £5 a month (with a 24 month contract...). I checked my account and apparently  I already have Halo 1 in my package with a purported 66Mb-73Mb download speed range 

bt1.png

However it then suggest upgrading to what seems to be exactly the same package:

bt2.png

Have checked my download speed with Speedtest and averaged 37mbps which suggests I don't have Halo 1

speedtest.png

So do I have it, or not.....?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Halo 1 - do I or don't I have it?

halo 1 or 2 is an add-on to your broadband package giving additional benefits but increase in connection speed is not one of them  you will get same connection speed with or without Halo

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. My current package states that my current package is "Fibre with Halo 1" with a 66Mb-73Mb download speed range. But BT are then trying to sell me "Fibre with Halo 1" with a 66Mb-73Mb download speed range.

So they seem to be selling me what I already have. For an additional £5

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

ROFL_C12.gif

what a bargain

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings