cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Halo 2 installation failed , no WiFi for weeks

Wonder if anyone Can advise ... placed new order to upgrade to full fibre halo .... engineer turned up late alone and said it was a 2 man job ... my husband became the second man which took 3 hours... and doesn’t work ... no WiFi since, tried another hub, open reach engineer checked their part which apparently is working correctly ... this has been going on since 22nd sept was promised that we would be on my 2nd oct.    It appears that the hub hasn’t been processed down the line but everyone tells me to give them a couple of days.... can anyone help? We are a family of 5 with 14-22 years old trying to study and we are trying to work ... at my wits end after hours and hours and days of waiting I. .... 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8

Re: Halo 2 installation failed , no WiFi for weeks

What colour is the light on the front of the router and is it steady or flashing

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Is this an FTTP installation?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi , it’s solid orange ...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Yes i believe so! The engineer took 3 hours to run cables from lampposts into the house so I would assume so? Apologies not a techie!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Do you have a white Openreach box with lights on it? If you have, is the LOS light red? What colour is the PON light and is it flashing or steady.

Have you spoken to the FTTP team 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Yes 3 green lights no light on the los 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

If the PON light is steady green you have a working fibre connection. Have you connected the hub correctly, the LAN port on the Openreach box (ONT) connects to the red WAN port on the hub. Have you tried a different Ethernet lead in case it is faulty.

0 Ratings