cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

I currently have Halo 1 and am considering getting Halo 3. According to the info. there is no extra cost, other than £9.99 postage for new hub.

Info does state however that appt will be made for engineer to visit to likely make a hole in wall and set up new hub.

Why can't I just set up new hub myself, as I did in the past when upgrading?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Halo 3

Go to solution

according to this link the new SH2 is only with Halo 3+

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you.

In other words, the Halo 3 is no different from 1?  Is that correct?

If so, why is 3 advertised as an upgrade, albeit at no extra cost?

Very confusing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Rosie47wrote:

In other words, the Halo 3 is no different from 1?  Is that correct?

Halo 3 comes with Home Tech Experts, Halo 1 never included that benefit.

You can book our Home Tech Experts in 2 hour slots, 7 days a week for wi-fi help at no extra cost. So you can get help with your tech, without ever being held up.

Call us and we'll come to you – whether that’s to set up a new service, fix a problem or help you get the best out of your tech.

Or if you prefer, we also offer a contactless service for setting up new products and services.

We'll even come round once a year to make sure your broadband is working perfectly for how you use it. All at no extra cost.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

This still doesn't address why an engineer has to visit to set up new hub.

Makes no sense.  I wont bother. Unless someone else can make things a bit clearer?

Thank you anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

You sure FTTP isn't available and that's what you will be getting? The engineer doesn't have to drill a new hole for the newhub but does if he's to fit an ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I don't understand: FTTP or ONT.

Being in my 70's, 'tech' doesn't always make sense.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

If your connection is working as expected and you are happy then stick with what you have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

An engineer (sub-contractor?) visited and installed my new Halo3 Hub. Now connection throughout the house is worse. Beware!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I upgraded to Halo 3 some months ago. I was sent a new hub and also some black wifi disks(which was my reason for the upgrade in the first place). All of it arrived and there was no need for an engineer visit although I think I could have had one if I wanted.

0 Ratings