cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Halo 900 only giving apx 430 mps

Ive just had full fibre Halo 900 installed and Im disappointed to see im only getting max of 430mbs

Ive connected directly  the new smart-hub using a Ethernet cable and my macbook pro has a gigabit ethernet adapter. In the past Ive received faster speeds at other sites away from home using other peoples fast broadband, so its  not the mac nor the adapter.

Ive seen a couple of other posts mention this, is this a known problem and should I have  not have bothered choosing the more expensive 900 option ?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Halo 900 only giving apx 430 mps

Would someone know what the process it to complain about this ? presume the forum isn't read by anyone at BT who would want to help so not sure of next steps ? 

any help or advice really appreciated, thanks

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 19

Hello @stubrown,

Nightmare this happening, it could be absolutely anything please can you do a 17070 line test please and chose option 2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

@stubrown  Best start by giving the FTTP a call on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

@AnonymousWhat is the point of a quiet line test on an FTTP connection?

Message 6 of 19

Thanks for the heads up , just waited nearly an hour in the queue for 0800 587 4787, had to drop for a meeting, will try again later
BT is fine when it works, every-time I have an issue customer service is really frustrating
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

I am having the very same issue since upgrading last week.  I have had Openreach here this morning who checked the light, reported as very good, and told me thats all they do.

The issue, according to the Openreach engineer, is a firmware problem with the Smarthub 2 which is a known fault (first I am hearing!) - the only check she did was a light check, didnt even try a speed test of her own.

So I am now also on hold to the FTTP team which takes over an hour to answer every time I try.

I will be seeking a discount on the monthly cost until such time the speed can be delivered by the equipment supplied.  I have seen some people on here report the full 900 when they install new routers but I am not going down the road of buying my own kit for this myself.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 19

Jesus!! I'm only trying to help! @pippincp Know it all 😠

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@Anonymous 

But it's not helping advising a quiet line test on a FTTP fault is it. 🙄

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 10 of 19

@stubrownI feel your pain. Calling the FTTP team early morning Sat/Sun typically worked best for me if you can wait till then and don't mind it being the weekend. 

0 Ratings