Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Halo 900 only giving apx 430 mps

will do that as you suggest, cheers 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

I had a call with the FTTP team yesterday, ran through various checks, restart of the openreach modem & the hub etc etc., long and short of it is they cant see any problems and as I am getting above the 455 threshold they cant (wont) do anything else.

So about to call the value team today, which may well be an interesting call!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

@Adz1978  What speeds (using fast.com - only because BT like this one) are you seeing with a cat6 or better cable directly connected to your SH2? Are they roughly consistent or all over the place? if all over the place what’s the speed range?

Have you tried repeating the speed tests using the cable that came with the SH2 but connecting a computer directly to the ONT with a PPPoE connection? What are the speeds?

Use the old Internet Explorer if you can too.

No fault was found with mines including the light levels but fitting a new ONT fixed my issue (or the registration of my new ONT).

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

I am seeing speeds ranging from 300-400 up to max 700. Tried it at all different times of day/night and it’s always inconsistent. 
I have not tried connecting straight to the ONT, wasn’t aware I could so will look into that. 

on reading various threads here I can only suspect the issue is with the ONT however getting someone at the FTTP team to take that seriously is proving difficult. Because the speeds are on occasion above 455 they have essentially dismissed this now. 

I am going to try again this weekend as read that weekends it can be easier to get through. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

@Adz1978  unfortunately those sound like all the characteristics I had and pretty much the response I got several times. Try one more time with the FTTP team, you might get lucky and speak to someone willing to go the extra mile despite their systems saying everything is OK. 

If still no joy consider raising a complaint.

Some of the issues we read about probably aren’t service related and boil down to misunderstanding about Wi-fi, too low cat cables, their own routers, firmware etc. but I’m sure some are.

I’m sure BT are still investing in the background to ascertain why there are so many reported issues with their premier product that aren’t seen in the others.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

@Forthay thanks for that, I will keep persevering on this one until someone swaps out the ONT.  I have tried to SH2's with same on both so the only things left are the ONT or issues at the exchange (contention?).

Frustrating!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

@Adz1978 yeah definitely frustrating. I found it more so after running out of technical options I could try myself.

Just before the ONT change I had the Openreach engineer talk with the FTTP team about his speed results on his equipment because they were awful too i.e. less than 200.

He didn’t need to do that so really went above and beyond to help.

You can ask the FTTP team about the load on the vlan, but they may have already checked and mines was never more than 12%

Do you get any better speed results early AM?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

@Forthay speed results are eratic at all times of the day but do seem better in the AM.

Last night around 10pm I was getting no higher than 400 cabled to the hub.

This morning around 0730 it was fluctuating around 6000/700.

So again that suggest network issues at the BT end, busier at night?

I am becoming so frustrated with it to the point if no answers or offer of viable resolution comes today &/or this weekend then the 14 day cooling off period will be getting honoured and I will go elsewhere.  Reluctant to do that, I would like this resolved, however nobody at the FTTP team seems interested in helping to resolve because it does go above the 455 threshold - the fact this is not consistently above hasnt seemed to matter to them however consistency is one of the key drivers for me upgrading to a fibre line.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

@Adz1978  I was concerned about the 14 day cooling off period too so I raised a complaint and asked for the 14 day cooling off period like others on the forums due to the speeds I was seeing. BT honored the extension with zero push back/no issues so that was one less thing to think about. You will get through to the right person eventually. Stick with it. Fibre500 was a much better initial experience for me (maybe something to consider?) until my Fibre900 was fixed and now I wouldn't look back. Best of luck getting it sorted.

0 Ratings