cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Halo300+ Full Fibre FTTP - Upload capping at 15-20mbs on SmartHub2

Go to solution

Hi All,

Looking for some advice, long story after a saga of getting FTTP finally working I'm finding the SmartHub2 what appears to be capping the upload speed to roughly 15-20mbs from the expected 50mb/s.

it seems that the line is fine as It's steady and on point when removing the SH2 and going straight from my Unifi Pro over PPPoE it never drops a beat, however with the SH2 in place I get 300 down and ~15/20 up.

I've read on the forums that that there was a bug in the SH2 firmware in 2020 which recommends completing a factory reset of the SH2 - this works each and every time and is back up to 50 but 24 hours later it drops back down again to 20.

Normally I'd put the BT equipment back in it's box as it's not great but as I'm on the Halo3+ I do want the 4G backup - are there any recommendations I could take rather than having to factory reset every day?

Firmware Updated: 11-Oct-2021, Version: v0.27.07.07281-BT

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Halo300+ Full Fibre FTTP - Upload capping at 15-20mbs on SmartHub2

Go to solution

speedtest-stats.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, @pauldavies1980 welcome back to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're having issues with your upload speed after upgrading your FTTP plan.

We'll be happy to take a look at that for you and I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. You'll find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO,

Thank you for your message, I've private mailed you my details.

Best Regards,

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Paul

If it helps (!) I have exactly the same issue. The Mods are also taking a look for me....

Was on the phone of BT helpdesk/faults this afternoon - who woudn't get beyond "you're getting more than the 10Mbs gtee....so nothing to see here, and think of all the poor souls who can't even get that!"

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @pauldavies1980,

Thank you for taking my call today. I'm sorry if you're having issues with the upload side of your connection. 

I've taken ownership of your case and I'll follow up with you on Friday to make sure the speeds have increased.

If you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB 

Thanks for your help and support so far, since my original post the upgrade from 300/50 to 900/110 went across yesterday lunch time, the download is brilliant but am still stuck with the upload which was at 20 yesterday, restored now to 50 after a SH2 factory reset (hopefully that was the right thing to do) however I've only had to do this once since the magic was done. I guess now some further magic needs to happen to get it to ~110 so fingers cross we are getting there 🙂

Cheers,

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @pauldavies1980,

Thank you for posting back. I'm happy to see that the Download speeds have increased. It does look like the upload speeds are still capped. I raised a case with our suppliers and I should have an update for you in the next 24 hours.

I'll give you a call tomorrow with an update.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB ,

Looks like i've still issues, whilst it's been sitting longer this time at 50 upload, never seen the 110 which I believe I should get. I've had again this time download now capped at 300 and upload back to 20 with a factory reset correcting the download but seemingly upload wont budge past 20 now so must have those gremlins on my line still 🙂

Cheers

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @pauldavies1980,

I'm sorry this has taken longer than expected to fix. The Network team is still investigating.

I'll post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings