cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Handback Threshold

Are you a business customer? If so we can't help you and you should post here https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/bd-p/Broadband 

If you are a residential customer you already have the answer in message 2.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

If you are asking ‘is my line clean or impacted ‘, OR don’t know , and it doesn’t really matter, if whatever speed you get is within the clean range ( self explanatory) your line is clean ( or clean enough )  if it’s within the impacted range, then it’s possible there is something that can be improved, possibly within your curtilage, possibly outside of it.....if your question is, if the speed were within the impacted range , can I be allowed to leave, then it depends....the thing impacting the line may be entirely within your area of responsibility, so the answer would initially be ‘No’, if you are sure that the line is OK within your ‘boundary’ but is in the impacted range , then you could report a fault, with the usual provisos, if OR cannot get your line into the clean range, then presumably even though the line is defect free its still underperforming according to the estimate so , presumably you can leave...but borderline cases like yours , chances are the onus would be on you to show a continued impacted performance, not simply saying , 3 or 4 days a month it slips occasionally into impacted....in my case the difference is 2.4Mb, ( 3% of my speed) so it’s hardly a difference , and certainly not noticeable in any meaningful way

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

@iniltous  What the OP wants to know is which handback thereshold is used to be able to cancel without penalty, the clean or impacted.

The answer to that is for a residential connection, neither. The handback threshold is there for Openreaches customer, the ISP.

For the ISP's customer there is the minimum guaranteed sync speed given by the ISP to their customer. Even then the ISP must be allowed up to 3 mths to attempt to correct the problem before being allowed to exit without penalty.

This has currently been suspended by OFCOM during the current Covid situation as has automatic compensation.

I do not know the requirements for a business connection.

0 Ratings