cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Have I been paying a premium?

Go to solution

Hi BT Community,

Based on the speed statistics that BT offers currently in comparison to what I am paying, I have a firm belief that it is overvalued

To take into comparison, let's look at the price-to-performance ratio between the Full Fibre 300 and Fibre Essential.

My current broadband package is Fibre Essential and costs GBP46.49 per month.  And the Full Fibre 300 costs GBP49.99 per month.

Full Fibre 300

• Download speeds: 300Mb - 300Mb
  • Stay fast guarantee: 150Mb
  • Upload speed: 49Mb - 49Mb

vs.

Fibre with Halo 1

• Download speeds: 12Mb - 24Mb
  • Stay fast guarantee: 9Mb
  • Upload speed: 3Mb - 5Mb

Given the price-to-performance difference, and although there is an obvious gap between these packages, I can understand the nature of a business.

Having said that, I haven't been contacted in regards of the new offers and plans when they were available either by calls, emails or texts.

I would love to hear back from a BT representative.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Have I been paying a premium?

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer forum  your post does not go to BT

can you get FTTP or only FTTC

the package cost is a commercial decision by BT and up to you whether you accept cost or simply move to another ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Have I been paying a premium?

Go to solution

A BT rep will not contact you via this Customer to Customer forum.

Assuming you can get Full Fibre at your property you should call BT 0800 587 4787 which is the FTTP team and speak to an advisor there. You should hopefully be able to negotiate a deal that suits you.

If you can not get Full Fibre you should call BT Renewals 0800.800.030 and they should be able to assist you.