cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Have I ordered FTTP, or FTTC? Confusion reigns!

Hi all

Openreach have recently installed FTTP in our area and I have accordingly ordered a connection via BT who are one of a couple of providers able to do this installation (all other ISPs are still offering 10 -15 Mbps)

My order says........

JetLag_0-1605954477228.png

But I see in an earlier post by pippincp......

JetLag_1-1605954568935.png

Should I go back to BT and tell them that it should be Full Fibre 1? Reading some of the posts here about BT installation delays and confusions I want to make sure that all goes to plan!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Have I ordered FTTP, or FTTC? Confusion reigns!

Enter you phone number HERE and post the result. Remove phone number before posting.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

JetLag_0-1605962296156.png

JetLag_1-1605962327114.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

As FTTP is available give the FTTP team a ring to confirm that is what you are getting. If not they will be able to change the order for you. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

"Fibre 1" is an FTTC product.

I recently upgraded to Fibre 2 (also FTTC) and the acknowledgement e-mail used similar words to yours:

"Your package
Broadband
Fibre 2
Your Fibre will start before midnight on: ..."

ISPs really shouldn't use the word "fibre" in the names of their FTTC products without qualification because doing so causes confusion for consumers. By rights, the word "fibre" shouldn't be used in the name of any ISP offering other than for FTTP products.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Well as FTTC isn't available to the OP but FTTP is, I would suggest he is getting FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Pedigree500wrote:

"Fibre 1" is an FTTC product.

BT name the packages the same, regardless of how it's delivered, Fibre 1 can be FTTC or FTTP

0 Ratings