cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Have been swapped to Fibre with Halo 1, by BT?

I was on ‘Fibre 2’, contract ending 02 Dec 20, with a discount of £20.26 per month.  When I received my latest bill (dated 15 Aug 20), it now states I have ‘Fibre with Halo 1’, with a discount of £8 per month. 

On checking orders on my account, there was an order on 13 Aug 20 to change to ‘Fibre with Halo 1’; I did not request this order/change of service! 

After looking on the internet, like this forum, it appears that it may well be a BT initiated change of service!  On Monday, 17 Aug 20, I got a ’Get the most from your new BT Halo’ email from BT.  I also have had 3 emails, recently, from BT offering me deals to renew my broadband 11 Jun 20, 04 Aug 20 and 06 Aug 20.

Is this a planned move and what happens to my price on 02 Dec 20?

I also noticed, after checking through the last few bills to see what was going on, that each bill states quote:

Your broadband
package includes :
> Unlimited usage
> The UK’s most powerful WiFi signal with our BT Smart
Hub vs major broadband
providers
> FREE access to over 5 million
UK Wi-Fi hotspots
Plus, the most comprehensive
online security of any major
broadband provider. Find out
more at www.bt.com/virusprotect  

The bit that attracted my attention is in red, about my package including wifi with our BT Smart Hub!  I don’t know whether BT keep a record of hubs they issue out but all I have had over the many years is an openreach modem and BT HomeHub 1 followed by the latest Hub I received which is a BT Home Hub 3; which is most definitely not a ‘Smart Hub’! 

Are BT supposed to send me a new(er) hub, especially when they have been telling me on several bills how my package includes a ‘Smart Hub’?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Have been swapped to Fibre with Halo 1, by BT?

there is no automatic hub upgrade unless you get the Halo 2 add-on

if you current setup works for you then why change. Halo 1 is just an add-on and does not improve your speed nor does it come with a new hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

So the part about my broadband package including:

The UK’s most powerful WiFi signal with our BT Smart
Hub vs major broadband
providers

is not contractual it's just a 'throwaway line' that BT use but don't mean!   That's as clear as mud!

I have looked at all the home hubs and a HH3 is not listed as a BT Smart Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

IMHO you are better off sticking with the HH3 for as  long as you can.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

as you can see Halo 1 does not come with a new hub

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I see that it says that, my question is what does it mean when my bills, even for Fibre 2, clearly state the following about including a smart hub, i.e what does it mean when it states your package includes a smart hub and clearly the HH3 is not listed (by BT) as a 'Smart Hub'.

An analogy is if a well know burger chain states that it's cheeseburger includes 'cheese' on it's menu and you do not get 'cheese' and you have paid for cheese then they are not giving you what they state they are giving you.

Your broadband
package includes :
> Unlimited usage
Hub vs major broadband
providers
> FREE access to over 5 million
UK Wi-Fi hotspots
Plus, the most comprehensive
online security of any major
broadband provider. Find out
more at www.bt.com/virusprotect
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@ghandiwrote:
An analogy is if a well know burger chain states that it's cheeseburger includes 'cheese' on it's menu and you do not get 'cheese' and you have paid for cheese then they are not giving you what they state they are giving you.

Hardly, by your own words the upgrade was applied as a freebie from BT, you've not paid for the missing cheese, so what you should be saying is you ordered a hamburger, were then upgraded to cheeseburger and fries but the cheese was missing.

You still have exactly what you contractually agreed to, you just now have added benefits that were given free of charge, you don't have the hub that most halo customers get, you do however now have a keep connected promise, double data on any BT Mobile products, no out of cost increase and more.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

You seem to have missed the part of my post where I stated that prior to the 'free' Halo upgrade that my bills stated:

Hub vs major broadband
providers

I will ask BT what this line actually means and if they class a HH3 as a 'Smart Hub'.
0 Ratings