cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Help! FTTP install

0BFBAC7F-6145-4E81-A294-377DAF5A5FD2.jpeg

Hi Everyone,

I am after some help in relation to the install part of fibre optic. We have set up a package and the first part of the install has happened today. 
The engineers came and fixed a small brown box to the outside, please see photo, I had a chat with them and asked does it matter where it goes and they said no so it’s been placed there.

However now I have done a little bit of research and spoke to one of the engineers after the install I am a little concerned. The brick wall which they have put the box on to is the external wall for our bathroom and therefore no wire is going to be able to go through into their when the second install occurs. The engineer said that the people coming out for the second part will have around 60 metres of cable to play with so in effect you can have it running around your house if you wanted it to.
The worry ive got is our main telephone socket and internet hub are in a totally different spot to where the box is. If you see the patio doors in the photo and then imagine going around the corner, it’s approximately 10 or so metres along that wall where our hub and everything else is.

Is this going to cause us any problems? I’m struggling to understand how they are going to feed a cable around our house and for it to look tidy. If I would of known it would of made much more sense to have the box by the patio doors.

any help would be very much appreciated!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help! FTTP install

The EZ Bend Fibre Cable the Installation Engineer has comes in pre cut lengths of 5, 10, 20, 30 and 50m so I wouldn’t worry about it.