Message 11 of 22

Re: Help Please: BT Fibre connection dropping out

Thanks, I've done that now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

from dslchecker there is no FTTC shown so from that you are on FTTP and have the ONT and hub connects to that with ethernet.  If that is the case then you need to phone 08005874787 who deal with all FTTP problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
happysteveo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Thanks a lot.

0 Ratings
happysteveo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

I called the number this afternoon and he tested the connection. He said he couldn't find anything wrong and the number of drop outs he could see were below the number required to consider it as a problem.  He changed the channel to one that is less congested.  

We are now still experiencing the same problems.  Can someone suggest what I can do next please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

so it's not the internet connection that is dropping but your wireless connection and hub is still connected?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
happysteveo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

When we've get problems with the fibre I have run down and checked the router but it's still had a solid blue light.  But then randomly the other day I saw it had a yellow light.

Half an hour ago my girlfriend was the only one using it and she had a problem when watching a video, I asked her to run a speed test and it was less than 1 Mbps. I've just done another test at 3.3 Mbps and I am a couple of metres away from the router.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

Using wireless or Ethernet? If wireless have you tested using Ethernet connection?

have you turned of smartsetup as that causes some problems

have you selected wifi channels manually instead of automatic?

0 Ratings
happysteveo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 22

2.4GHz was set and channel 2, but I have just changed it to channel 10.

5GHz was set to 36 which I think the person on the phone did earlier.

Smart setup was enabled so I've just disabled it.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
happysteveo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Okay we are still having the same problems.  Can anyone suggest what I need to do next please?  

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

Phone 151 and report a fault and get engineer visit

0 Ratings