cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meepatme
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Help Re Speed drops

For a  few months now I loose my speed over what seems to be a 24 hour period.

Here you can see my speed after a power down of the HUB and restart

http://screencast.com/t/EwUc33wxX

25MS Ping, 64MB Down, 18 UP great!

My kids stream some stuff randmomely which draws my attension to the speed drop when this has occured and I redo the test the download rate is about 10MB.  I tried restarting the router from within the webpage but the speed dosent correct.  Seems to be only when i turn it off with the power button and it reboots it comes back alive

This is the Helpdesk log after a reboot 
http://screencast.com/t/TLrhrSSpI

And while it is running slow
http://screencast.com/t/aSVA8KiEb

Noise margin seems to be the same.

i Trade from home so id like for this not too loose speeds really.  Its isnt a big headache really means rebooting the router every few days, but when your paying 50 odd quid a month you really shouldnt have to.

Any thoughts on it or what to do?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help Re Speed drops

are you using a wired conenction or wireless?

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results  can you post here rather than a link as it save switching pages   must be done wired

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
meepatme
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Test were done wirless, but the wirless stays stable.  As you can see below its currently stable and fine.  Takes about day for it to go unstable.   Same results are found using the test socket.  Connection holds stable for about 24 hours when it suddenly drop too about 10mbs wirless or from the test socket till a complete shut off of the hh5.

Then it get back to full 60 meg again

Russ

. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 62.26 Mbps

0 Mbps67.28 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 62.26 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-67.28 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 67.28 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 15.99 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 15.99Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Wireless is not a stable technology due to the frequencies it utilises not being locked down. Any electrical equipment is free to use the same frequencies. There could be all sorts of external influences causing the instability and slow speeds.

BT, and every other ISP for that matter will always ask for speedtests to be done using an Ethernet cable with only one device connected to the router. This tests the connection coming into your router without any external influcences in your home.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings