cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Help! Struggling to get someone to listen regarding FTTP

Go to solution

Good afternoon everyone I am hoping someone can help.

Firstly I need confirmation that my observations are correct and secondly if so how I get BT and/or Openreach to listen and do something.

The background is I am moving to a property in an area where full fibre is available.  It has been installed in all the roads and lanes and can be seen running across poles and into underground ducts etc.  The fibre is branching off to many houses who have clearly requested it.  I have asked and been told sorry not only is FTTP not available but you can only have ADSL which is clearly nonsense.

My postcode is DY7 5AY and according to the checker I am served by KINVER exchange cabinet 3.  There are 4 properties for this postcode and all give different results.

Ash Cottage & Heath Cottage - ADSL only.

Radway Cottage - VDSL available.

Field House - WBC FTTP

Here is the thing all are served by the same poles and cabinet, Radway Cottage no longer exists it has been split into 2 properties (Ash & Heath Cottage) I suspect this is one of the issues.

Regarding my property I have attached pictures where the Fibre runs across the bottom of the road pic 1

IMG_20210127_220539_330.jpg

Clearly fibre is available.  From this pole services are provided to me by 3 further poles, total distance approx 100 metres.  See next 3 pics.

IMG_20210127_220539_352.jpg

IMG_20210127_220539_377.jpg

IMG_20210127_220539_389.jpg

At the last pole the cable then enters a duct for approx 10 metres for the final leg to the property.  Picture 5.

IMG_20210127_220539_395.jpg

What I cannot understand is why The property is showing that it cannot get FTTP surely it is just a case of running a cable from pic 1 to pics 2,3,4,5 to the property.

The surrounding postcodes DY7 5AZ and DY7 5AX are in the same situation yet all show as available.

The final 2 pics are maps of the area and I have tried to show where all the cables, poles and wires are.

IMG_20210127_220539_398.jpg

IMG_20210127_220539_405.jpg

Can someone please let me know if my observations are correct and if so how can I get someone to listen.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Help! Struggling to get someone to listen regarding FTTP

Go to solution

@orange460 

First question would be, are you wanting to order FTTP from BT?

If so, then maybe some advice can be given.  If not here is not the place to ask.

EDIT: What service (Broadband/Phone) do you currently have?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

your cabinet Kinver exchange cab 3 is showing FTTC but depends on how far you are from that actual cabinet

Cabinet P3   FTTC Available from 10th June 2015   Phase BDUK Staffordshire 13a    489   Huawei   DY7 5AA  

can you enter your address and post results  remember delete address before posting

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution
Yep want to order the fill fibre fromBT
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

post dslchecker results

post code is not accurate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
Closer than those in DY7 5AZ and they have it. I didn't think distance to cabinet matters for FTTP
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Post checker result.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

OK so here are the results.

First Ash Cottage and Heath Cottage

IMG_20210129_181141_054.jpg

IMG_20210129_181141_065.jpg

Next is Radway Cottage.  This was the building that is now Ash Cottage and Heath Cottage.

IMG_20210129_181141_081.jpg

Finally Field House which is served by the same pole and is next door.

IMG_20210129_181141_091.jpg

As you can see there is a completely different story for all properties.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
See below
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry but FTTPoD is not the same as FTTP which the product for residential customers. FTTPoD is for business customers and is expensive

from checker there is not FTTC available either probably due to distance from street cab

the last checker result shows FTTP as available  

FTTC is available on some of checker results but due to distance from cab speeds are very low

0 Ratings