cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Help! Struggling to get someone to listen regarding FTTP

Go to solution
I'm sorry to disagree with you on your response but you have not read the whole thread. I know everything you are saying already.

You have missed the point I make that the property next door served by the same poles etc has full fibre.

Also you state that it is the distance to the cabinet that is the issue. FTTP is fed directly from the exchange not cabinets.

This type of response is what is driving me crackers.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

sorry but FTTP is not fed from the exchange 

unless checker shows your address can get FTTC OR FTTP you will not be able to order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Are you sure about the FTTP not being direct from exchange?

Openreach disagree as do I, the cables in my pictures do not go to a cabinet I have traced them!

IMG_20210129_222719_795.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution
Thank you this seems like it is just what I needed to get through to someone.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

FTTP comes from the headend which may or may not be located in your exchange.

Message 17 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks for taking the time to explain. Do you think this can be resolved based on everything you have read?
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

From everything posted I cannot see WBC FTTP being available to you. I hope for your sake I'm wrong. Wait and see what the reply is from Openreach.

Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

I live nearby in Lawnswood and we had similar problems.  Your best bet is to organize a community partnership (see https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/community-fibre-partnerships).  If you can get your neighbours to agree you can get per HOUSEHOLD grants of up to £1,500 (Government) + £2,000 (via Superfast Staffordshire).  In our village we qualified for grants of up to £200,000.  You then get Openreach to give you a quote to do the upgrade.  In our case, it was all free because the cost was only £40,000 for the entire village.  I strongly suggest you contact www.superfaststaffordshire.co.uk as they are brilliant and will help you get it all sorted out.