cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Help! Very vulnerable person, broadband just cut out

Help! It's 3am and I need my broadband working but it just cut out. Without getting too detailed this is essential and it's vital it is fixed. 

What is the fastest way to deal with this? Is there a number as it is life and death. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Help! Very vulnerable person, broadband just cut out

@orange5 

Call 0800 800 150.

It's worth checking to see if your phone line is working.

Message 3 of 9

Hi @orange5,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your broadband connection.

Is the broadband still off this morning and did you manage to get a fault reported?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Matt

Message 4 of 9

Thank you for your reply.

It did seem to hook itself back up but for a long while the box was flashing a purple colour (indicates connection but no broadband) this is now the second time I've had issues the middle of the night without rhyme or reason. I "upgraded"/continued my broadband package only 3 days ago and now this?? I am starting to worry if I made the right decision!

Can't call BT at 2am like I used to be able to- is there no out of hours call line for people who are (I have been told by BT) on the priority/vulnerable people's list for things like this to be dealt with ASAP? I was told this was the case in October when my Broadband went down. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@orange5,

I'm glad to hear that your broadband connection is now back up and working. It may be worth your time calling us on 0800 800 151 or by completing the "report a fault" on bt.com to check your line to make sure there is still not a fault. 

When we first launched BT Plus in May 2018 we offered a 24/7 UK and Ireland based fault reporting number. We later removed this service and have since renamed BT Plus as Halo with a few other changes.

Our current fault reporting hours are:

8am to 9pm Mon - Fri 8am
8pm Saturday 
8am to 8pm Sunday

Thanks 

Matt

Message 6 of 9

Well I'd like to be able to log an issue, but after 2 hours of the most irritating hold music in the world (please; give customers the option to wait listening to anything but that rubbish! Or just switch it off!!) I am still not through. I actually need to leave to buy food...I can't hang on hold the rest of my life here!

And seriously regretting the plan to stay with BT right now. Right now I'd be actively telling people to avoid! This is NOT a service I would recommend to ANYONE! 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @orange5,

If you haven't already gotten through to someone, my team will be able to help you.

I've sent you a private message with some details that we would need.

We are a small team so it can take us longer to pick this up for you that speaking with someone over the phone.

Thanks

DanielS

Message 8 of 9

Thank you- I did manage to get through in the end- and engineer is booked for a few weeks away...I'm back and forth to hospital a lot at the moment (long non-covid-related story...) so am hoping I'm able to be around then- but can cancel apparently if I can't.  Just hope that whatever it is get's resolved quickly and without too much faff!

By the way...that hold music is terrible!! Perfect way to prime your customers for being unhappy when the call finally gets answered! 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

definitely the phone line is still working- first thing I tried. It had no issues 😕
Called the number at 3am, no one answers, called during the day...hours on hold!
0 Ratings