cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurence_jj
Message 3 of 10

Help, all my neigh boughs are eligible for an upgrade except me.

Hi

BT openreach installed fibre cables to our area 2-3 years ago. Since then I have checked on the fibre rollout website and all of our neighboughs are eligble for fibre broadband, but we arnt. They get internet from the same cable on the same pole as us and yet for some reason we are not "eligble".

I worry there must be an error in their database, but I carnt contact anyone from open reach and BT just cowardly point the finger at open reach and say they dont know anything.

Our village is eligble for accepting orders according to their list:

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/sffa_exchange_lists/a...

Please help

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
laurence_jj
Message 1 of 10

Re: Getting fibre to my property

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. We had a fibre line installed on our road about 3 years ago and while our neighboughs are "eligble" for the upgrade. Their database says we are not. I have spent hours on the phone trying to explain the problem but I got nowhere.

I fear they have problems with their database and we are lost in some kind of black hole :(.

Good luck.

Laurence

0 Ratings
laurence_jj
Message 2 of 10

Help, all my neigh boughs are eligible for an upgrade except me.

Hi

BT openreach installed fibre cables to our area 2-3 years ago. Since then I have checked on the fibre rollout website and all of our neighboughs are eligble for fibre broadband, but we arnt. They get internet from the same cable on the same pole as us and yet for some reason we are not "eligble".

I worry there must be an error in their database, but I carnt contact anyone from open reach and BT just cowardly point the finger at open reach and say they dont know anything.

Please help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Re: Help, all my neigh boughs are eligible for an upgrade except me.

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

Provide as much information as possible.

Could be a simple database error
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
laurence_jj
Message 5 of 10

I have sent a request, much appreciated for the reply.

0 Ratings
Davebomb
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

That form is a massive waste of time, they come back with the same generic answer every single time.

I also have the same issue, but from speaking to a neighbour who got it installed... he just told me both BT and openreach are useless and you just have to keep calling and emailing and banging the drum, and after a while it got installed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

I've known a number of folks, some from this forum that have had their records successfully updated by Openreach where there has been a database records issue.

If it doesn't get you anywhere, you can at least in any future complaitj you raise, advise you've tried the standard process.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Davebomb
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

So my complaint could be that they haven't updated there database?
Surely it can't take long to update?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

If it's a database error, and you're 100% confdent, then it may be worth raising your complaint in an alternative manner.
0 Ratings
Shepppete
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

So what is the solution? Openreach do not talk to anyone. This email thing is not working. How do i update there records? I have done the "chat" calling but they dont have a clue.. Has anyone got a solution?
Cheers
0 Ratings