cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Help choosing package - Unlimited BT Infinity 1 or 2?

I am about to move to a new property and it is in an Infinity area. When I check online, I get an estimated speed of 39.6Mb/s down and 7.1Mb/s up.

This estimate is a bit over the 38Mb/s cap of Infinity 1, so I am wondering if its worth going for Infinity 2 in case I get more than the estimate? What is the likelihood of being more than the estimate?

The difference in cost over the whole contract is £42, between Infinity 1 and Infinity 2.

If I did choose Infinity 1, is the full 38Mb/s actually achievable or is there overhead that prevents this?

Thanks

Scott

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help choosing package - Unlimited BT Infinity 1 or 2?

Hi scottmcarthur,

What does it estimate for "WBC FTTC" when you use the BT wholesale database?

If the "WBC FTTC" speed estimate is higher than 40mbps then Unlimited BT Infinity 2 may be a good choice if you a faster speed otherwise if the "WBC FTTC" speed estimate is lower than 40mbps then BT Infinity 1 or Unlimited BT Infinity 1 maybe best.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It's coming back with the estimates I was given. 39.6Mb/s and 7.1Mb/s.
If I did go for Infinity 2 would the profile even move to the higher speed, or do you think it would profile at Infinity 1's speed anyway?

I don't have a phone number for the property so unable to do by phone number.

Thanks,
Scott

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 4

The speed you would get would be around what the BT Wholesale database says.

However these are just estimates and the actual speed can be slightly higher or slightly less than the estimate.

As it has estimated 39.6Mb/s DS and 7.1Mb/s US then you maybe best to go with option 1.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings