Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greenbinlorry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Help to cancel , paid for infinity that is unavailable and order has failed

Go to solution
Please can someone help. I ordered infinity online on 13th March. Paid for a years line rental and connection to infinity in advance.

Before I bought infinity I checked with BT online, my speed was expected 51-67 with a minimum of 40mbs.

Now I am told that my order has failed, there is a problem with my broadband order. I spoke to a lady in Indian call centre and that I cannot expect to get infinity, there is no fibre optic in my cabinet/area!

They say the best I can hope for is 8mb over copper . My next door neighbour has Infinity 2!

I have been on live chats, spoken to the India call centre, who tried very hard to make me accept regular BB at up to 8mbs.

I asked them to cancel and get my costs refunded as I did not want slow broadband (and only took line rental as it was the only option for broadband connection). I was told I would be transferred to a department to cancel, but they just cut me off!

I am shocked that my order progressed at all, why was an engineer sent to connect a line for a service that wasn't available.

I was told my order had failed, but not why. I was told I would get a call to explain the delay, it never came. I ask to get refunded and they cut me off.

If someone in BT the Uk can help me, I'd appreciate it as right now I feel I'm being mugged.

Thanks for your time.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Help to cancel , paid for infinity that is unavailable and order has failed

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delet number

it may be you cab was showing available at time of order but now has a waiting lins so check notes when you run dslchecker  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Greenbinlorry,

Welcome to the BT Care Community Forums.

Please can you post result from the BT Broadband Availability Checker, remembering to blank out your phone number: http://dslchecker.bt.com

0 Ratings
Greenbinlorry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
Since posting this minutes ago, it appears BT have cancelled my broadband segment of my order. But not my landline, which I only took to get broadband. How do I cancel that too and check I've been refunded.

Thank you
0 Ratings
Greenbinlorry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution
Hi,
I have checked and my line only supports 8-17 mb. When I checked previously I used our postcode as I did not know our landline number ( as we didn't have a phone connected or know our number). Surely the order for infinity should have cancelled entirely, now I'm left with no broadband and a landline I don't need. Is there a dept I can phone to cancel it all and get refunded.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Greenbinlorry,

I'm really sorry that your order has been partially if not fully cancelled. I would wait for someone to notify a mod to try and pick this thread up.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Greenbinlorry

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forum!

I'm sorry that you've been told that you're unable to get BT Infinity after placing your order.  I realise how disappointing this is and I understand that you have requested to cancel your order as a result of this.

You can send over your details and we'll make sure everything has been cancelled and we'll help refund what you have paid.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.  

Keep in mind that it will take us a few days to get back to you from whenever you send over your details.

Cheers

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Greenbinlorry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution
Dear Robbie,
Thank you for offering to help. I've since contacted cancellations in the UK (08007831401). Who said that based on their records of my nearest cabinet that fibre optic wasn't available and may not be for some weeks/months.

If anyone else is considering fibre, please use your landline number, not postcode, to check if it's available on your line before you order. Perhaps BT could suggest customers do this before ordering or BT could test potential customers lines for them as part of the ordering service.

I appreciate the help offered on this forum and recommend others come here first or call cancellations if they have a similar issue.

I'd like to keep this thread alive / open until I know I've been fully refunded if that's ok. If I haven't I will definitely drop you a line. I'll also update this thread once it's all resolved.

Many Thanks
0 Ratings
Greenbinlorry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
Dear Robbie, it looks that despite my cancelling everything over the phone on Friday, BT have reordered a phone line service starting a new 12 month contract without telling me, starting Saturday 26th! An new order ref has appeared on "My BT" when I log in.

I will phone cancellations again on Tuesday and will contact you via the "contact the mods" link in your bio, (unless you meant me to contact you via personal message) I see no contact link or profile picture on my iphone.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

@Greenbinlorry Sorry about that, it sounds like they have made a mistake reordering service for you. Robbie is off for the weekend but we'll be happy to help if you use the "contact the mods" link in @RobbieMac's bio or mine. Please don't PM him as this is for forum related issues only.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings