Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 21 of 31

Re: Six weeks without broadband

Go to solution

Just had another call from India where the conclusion is that I need another engineer visit, don't know what they are going to do though the previous two have found no problem. I have also been requested to leave my home hub switched off. I am definitely going round in a loop here. This is going to cost me a small fortune.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @peter1uk,

Ideally, you should be leaving your Home Hub on which will allow us to run remote diagnostics.

I've been checking over the previous engineers and I can see that one was for your telephone line and another was for broadband. The last broadband engineer is known as a special faults investigator. The engineer that is being sent out now, is known as a Boost engineer. They should have been sent in the first place for this particular issue.

I'm going to follow up on this with you on Friday to make sure you get all of the help that you need.

I'll also stop the calls you're receiving from my colleagues over in India.

Thank you

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me, have now put the home hub back on and will see what happens on Thursday.

peter1uk
Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

Well it looked promising as my broadband worked for a while and the engineer said there is a network fault which would be rectified by Friday. Guessing this has not happened as my connection dropped at lunchtime and has not been back since. Yet another week with no broadband connection.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @peter1uk Sorry that your connection only worked for a short while after the engineer visit. I can see @DanielS asked you to monitor over the weekend and he will be in touch with you again on Monday when he is back in the office. I've dropped him an email to update him on the situation.

thanks

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution

It was looking ok until today, I have had a connection for 4 days but today as the weather was warmer my connection has failed again and the Smarthubs purple flashing light is back again, so no internet connection again at the moment although it will possibly come back when it cools down again.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

Still not come back as the purple indicator is flashing on the Smarthub still. Was nice to get a bill yesterday for a service which has now not worked for nearly ten weeks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Go to solution

Well, it's now cooled down a little and my connection has returned for the moment.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

Spoke too soon, it's gone again.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @peter1uk,

I'm sorry to hear your connection is still suffering disconnections and no connection. I've booked the next available appointment for an engineer visit. That date is for the 31/08/2016 any time between 8am and 1pm. If this doesn't suit, let me know and I'll arrange a different date with you. As this issue is ongoing, there will be no charge for the visit.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings