Having an issue with the DLM being rather strict on my line, I am syncing at 80/20
but it shows my IP profile is stuck on 74. I was getting nearly close to my sync speeds before because I live so close to my exchange and cab. I restarted my modem almost 7 days ago hoping it would resync back to what it was before but this DLM is not shifting.
I am thinking it could be that the DLM set Retransmission High as that is around 91% of my sync speed before it was around 96.8%.
Can a mod look into this for me please
|System Up Time 11:04:50:12|
|Poll Interval : (secs)|
Thanks for the post and welcome back to the community. I am very sorry that your speed has taken a marginal drop for the worse, I know this can be frustrating.
At present I am afraid that there isn’t anything we can do to help. There are stimulants as to when our supplier would accept a fault and I am afraid that, judging by the info you have posted, your line is well above all thresholds. We would not be able to request a DLM reset based the speeds you are currently achieving
I appreciate that it is frustrating that your connection speed has dropped but, provided everything remains rock steady, DLM may recover your line back to the speed you enjoyed previously.
I know this is not the response you were hoping for and I am sorry for that. Hopefully DLM kicks in sooner rather than later.
|Did you get the help you needed?|
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
|Show your appreciation!|
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
|Help guide to using the community? Click below|
|Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You|
It can take weeks for DLM to make a change not just 7 days
not sure why others near you will be affected by the DLM taking action on your connection
If you did not carry out a speed test would you have noticed the "missing" 8Mbps?
DLM works on each individual line and not as a collective on all lines so without checking every individual line it is impossible to say if DLM has taken any action on them.
I understand that DLM is individual to each line but if it is being fussy with my line then it could very well be being just as fussy with other peoples lines as well.
Also gg30340 the reason I noticed the 8Mbps difference is because on my router I have a buffer bloat set up for online games to help with latency. If there is multiple devices pulling off the one internet connection this causes congestion and lag. I usually reserve 30% of my download and upload so when high priority traffic is detected downloads will be throttled. So having my connection deducted by nearly 10% is noticeable in my case.
What I does bug me is I have been connected for months no issues drops or anything of the sort yet now the DLM has kicked in. It has been over week now and I have still not had any drops errors etc because my line is OK yet the DLM is not shifting what ever it has put in place. From my observation my sync speed has remained at the 80/20 but 90% has been lost and going by how the DLM works this to me looks like it has set my IP profile with G.INP High Retransmission which is around 90% of your sync rate rather than the usual profiling of 98.6%.
Also JohnC2 provided everything remains rock steady and I am confident it will could you at least consider asking your supplier to see what is actually going on as this profile does cause me to fall below my minium guaranteed download speed at random times of the day.
there is no minimum guaranteed download speed from BT or any other ISP all speeds quoted by BT are conenction speeds and you have max connection speed
this has been posted on forum many times
But BT still choose to use the words minimum guaranteed download of .... at point of sale and in the contract so why do you think so many people ask this.
This is missleading to consumers also on my order aswell it also shows this minimum guaranteed speed.
I have been on a 92% profile for 60 days now after DLM decided for some reason to invoke it. Prior to the change the connection was up for 21 days following a factory reset and for 6 months previously had only a single unexplained drop and a couple of firmware updates. I am on a 55/10 profile with a max rate of 89/30 so snr wise there was no reason for the IP % drop. I personally haven't noticed any real world change from it.
The minimum speed is based on data rates not the reduced connection speed as the 92% means I am below the minimum "speed" based on the profile.
You have highlighted " The minimum guaranteed line speed you can expect etc etc ". It does not say download speed.
See link about the minimum guaranteed line speed.