cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Help!

We went to work one morning and then came home to no broadband. BT said they’d come out, but if it was our internal wiring they’d charge us over £100. My husband took a day off work, but the engineer didn’t turn up. When they did eventually turn up, the engineer said it was a problem with our router. When that eventually turned up at the house, guess what? That wasn’t the problem! We waited for another engineer who found out that BT had actually reallocated our line to a new customer..... nice! Our broadband started to work, but a day later our phone line stopped working. BT came out again and fixed it, an hour later it broke again!!!! I’ve waited in again all day today, to be told BT had cancelled th engineer, nice of them to tell me! Our broadband is up and down, we’ve still no phone and BT are now refusing to give us a call-out for the evening, expecting us to take more time off work. I said how do I do that, I have no holidays left! I’ve explained to BT over and over agin that my daughter is sitting her GCSE’s and she needs to access online material, it makes no difference to them. Of course they are blaming Openreach and Openreach are blaming them. My point is we pay BT, so it’s up to them to sort it out with Openreach, frankly I don’t want to hear their pathetic excuses. We’ve spoke to people for hours every night on every continent. They’ve all promised that they’ll sort it out, but no one is. Come on BT get your act together. My complaint reference if anyone is interested is VOLxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I’ll keep posting this for all to see until someone in BT acts reasonably and sorts this out.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 18

Re: Help!

Please remove your VOL number as that is personal to you.

I've asked a mod to drop in and assist.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

@Juliachambers19  Posting the same message in multiple threads won't help your cause.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Looking forward to speaking to them!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Well, it makes me feel better. And if it’s my personal number then I’ll do with it what I wish. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

Yes, its a really good idea to hijack other peoples threads with irrelevant posts that divert attention from their problem!!!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Well perhaps you could take some time to think about the impact this is having on my daughter, who is taking her gcse’s and needs to urgently access online material. I’ve spent hours and hours on the phone, and took days off work. I’ve spent the last 3 weeks being reasonable and waiting.  I’ve been lied to over and over again. I don’t know what your connection is with BT, but if you have one it would be helpful if you could help me instead of being defensive. I’m doing what I can to get some attention in order to resolve this matter. Im screen printing all posts, there is nothing I’ve said that isn’t true. Your moderator hasn’t been in touch!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Oh gosh, I thought you meant the moderator was going to help me with my problem.... silly me!  What he’s actually done is just amended my post!  

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 18

With the exception of the mods who are the only BT employees, everyone else is here in their own free time.

If you think the mods are just sat waiting for a person having a problem you are very much mistaken. They will get to you.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Hi @Juliachambers19 I am sorry that you are unable to get your broadband working and appreciate how important this is for you and your family members. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings