cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

High Speed Download Manager

I am on BT Fiber 1 Broadband. My download speed is 50 MBps. However, when I download a large file from the internet my download speed is restricted to browser speeds ranging between 2.5 MBps and 10 MBps. These download speeds are frustrating.

Is there an app or a software that utilizes better speeds, say 20, 30 MBps, if not the full speed of 50 MBps?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7

I am on BT Fiber 1 Broadband. My download speed is 50Mbps. However, when I download a large file from the internet my download speed is restricted to browser speeds ranging between 2.5 Mbps to 10 Mbps. These download speeds are frustrating.

Is there an app or a software that utilizes the full speed of 50 Mbps fiber broadband speed?

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 7

Re: High Speed Download Manager

The website that you're downloading from may have limits on bandwidth so their servers don't end up getting choked

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

I am on BT Fiber 1 Broadband. My download speed is 50 Mbps. However, when I download a large file from the internet my download speed is restricted to browser speeds ranging between 2.5 Mbps to 10 Mbps. These download speeds are frustrating.

Is there an app or a software that utilizes better speeds, say 20, 30 Mbps, if not the full speed of 50 Mbps?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

The speed you download depends on the source sending the data, try downloading a copy of Ubuntu from https://ubuntu.com

I've just used this Direct Link and it maxed my connection at 6.8 MB/sec
Untitled.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Anonymous  Are you sure you are not confusing Mb/s with MB/s?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Anonymous  Please do not post the same question on multiple boards, it just causes total confusion and answers all over the place.

0 Ratings