cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
burrellefx
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

High ping/latency whilst watching Netflix, Twitch, Sky Go etc.

We have been with BT for years as a household of 4 who all play video games and watch online streams. Never had an issue with high ping before and there had been no new devices or anything to cause this to happen. We get roughly 50mbs download and 12 upload, that's fine. Ping usually ranges from 0-30 on average. But as soon as anyone in the house loads up a stream, either on an ethernet or wireless connection, the ping shoots up between 100-300 which is unplayable. We have tried it 3 different pc's and it's done the same. Had about 5 engineers out in total, we have had lines changed, lines reset and lots more. None of which helped, we have now just recently purchased an ASUS gaming router with QoS, thinking this would solve it once and for all. It has not helped still experiencing the same issues - this is with streaming services, netflix twitch etc set to the lowest possible priority. We have exhausted every option all we want is for one person to be able to play games, whilst the other watches twitch. We have had management teams, but they dont seem to understand ping and latency. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
clonk
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: High ping/latency whilst watching Netflix, Twitch, Sky Go etc.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @burrellefx Thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums. I'm sorry about the problems you're having with your ping, as a gamer myself I understand how frustrating this must be. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to get this looked into.

0 Ratings
burrellefx
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Why has BT made no steps to solve this, no matter who we have spoke to they have no idea what the issue is and that there even is one.

0 Ratings
burrellefx
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Update, BT tried a temporary fix by tweaking something to do with their traffic management which only made our ASUS router not work at all. The changes were reverted and we have just had to swap back to our smart hub 2 as the ASUS router will not connect. Speed is working fine but ping issue still persists. Being passed onto case management 2 but nobody has gotten in touch. We are left totally in the dark. My sons League of Legends is showing a constant 150 ping, but daughters is still 0-20 on fortnite until someone loads a stream. 

0 Ratings