cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kesteral
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

High ping, low speed - Congestion at peak times?

Hi, I'm a new customer with BT having recently left Virgin due to unfixable utilisation issues and after almost two weeks of technical problems (I don't want to phone BT customer service ever again if I can avoid it, worst experience I've ever had with customer service), I've finally had an engineer come round to the property today and was told all my problems should be sorted.

I've tested it tonight and in the last few minutes my ping has been 100-150ms (in fact it seems between 9pm-10pm). The download speed has ranged from 20 - 30 mbps or sometimes as low as 4mbps. It makes it pretty unbearable playing games.

Speed test below: Just barely meets the minimum download speed but the ping is not good.

BT speedtest.net.PNG

No excessive noise on the line:

BT router technical logs.PNG

I should be able to get these speeds, significantly faster than what I'm getting.

Router speeds.PNG

Broadband availablity checker.PNGAs you can see it sometimes drops down massively and ends up timing out.

Speed Test - Whole sale.PNGI've tried pinging bbc.co.uk to see what's going on:

ping bbc.PNG

Please help, I've just left one ISP because the speeds were unbearable during peak hours. I cannot be going through the same thing again surely.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: High ping, low speed - Congestion at peak times?

Welcome to this forum.

Can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Kesteral
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: High ping, low speed - Congestion at peak times?

Thanks,

BT wholesale speed test day:

BT whole sale speed test good!.PNG

BT Wholespeed speed test night (this is where the ping starts getting to 150ms, speeds vary from 5-30 mbps and 33 is pretty high, usually it's lower:

BT Whole sale speed test.PNG

Any ideas?

0 Ratings