cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Higher speed on EE?

Whats not to get?

The pricing between 100Mbps and 200Mbps upload and the complete lack of reasonably priced tiered options.

I cant get an alt net because Truespeed didnt do my road, could be personal I dont know....but Openreach came along and gave me the grace of life allowing me to move away from Virgin Cable, never a day goes by when I am not grateful for Openreach hooking our road up.

The 1Gbit Leased Line I have at work is 700 quid a month, Openreach's 900/200 product is 500 upfront and 200 a month.

I am a happy customer of BT anyway and I wouldnt join an alt net given my Sport deal with BT is far too good but I can still be frustrated, whilst I accept so many households are all just downloading when you compare alt net prices to Openreach it is mental, leased line speeds for around 40 quid a month. Speaking of EE, they have that 1.6Gb product dont they, In that case I would hope that the upload would also get an uplift too, but it doesnt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

To press the point , do you need symmetric speeds , it seems not , if you would prefer to have it than not have it great , but the majority don’t understand or care.
FWIW , many of the Alt Nets employing XGPON , with symmetric speeds, also employ 128 way optical splits , not the 32 way split on OR GPON , and it’s not just to get ‘faster’ speeds  , it’s to get single fibres deeper into their network ( less PONs ) so yes , ‘faster’ but potentially sharing with 4 times as many customers, so although 900Mb upload may be great , would you prefer to share that bandwidth with 127 others , or share your ‘paltry’ 120Mb with 29 others …..

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

My point is around a suitable tiered pricing model if a user would like a bit more upload and the price jump from 100-200Mbps is insane.

Using altnets as a comparison serves as that, a decent comparison, I’m not screaming for symmetrical I’m pointing out how stupid (IMO) the pricing is.

But if you don’t agree, cool, but the point isn’t what I Naylor need. FWIW 200 would be nice in my use case but 110 keeps up and js a big step from 35 I had with Virgin.

Who’s needs a 200MPH car, totally pointless apart from that odd fun time to use it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings