Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mel13
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Historical broadband usage before hub reset

Go to solution

Hi

Is there a way to see the usage on my broadband in detail?

I am on BT infinity so the usage meter just tells me I've got unlimited usage and doesn't seem to offer any detail.

I need to show that on 9th Feb 2017 there was broadband usage between 9am and 3pm on my line.

The Hub has been reset since that date so I can't dig into that.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Historical broadband usage before hub reset

Go to solution

I doubt there will be any way that you will be able to access that information, and in particular if you are looking for specific details of what was accessed without involving BT, and even then they may not be able to be specific or do it with out charging a fee.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

It begs the question: Why do you need to know BB usage between certain times on a certain day?

Even if the usage meter was operating it would only show total usage since your last bill.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I suspect you are out of luck if you haven't manually kept copies of the logs.  BT might have historical records but I doubt it.  I think the only solution, for the future, would be to get yourself a good router that can automatically save the logs.  My FritzBox for example can send daily/weekly/monthly logs via email.  You just need to choose the amount of detail you require.  I have logs dating back to 2014 when I decided to monitor IP address changes.

Excerpt from today's log for example shows:

Period           Online time                  Data volume                            connections  

(hh:mm)          Total          Sent           received              Number  

Today             16:31           43245MB  1604MB     41641MB              0

Online time is obviously from midnight onwards and the date is on the email.  I expect other makes of router will have similar logging options, you would need to check them out.

0 Ratings
mel13
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
A car parking company is trying to claim I was in their carpark - which I wasn't - when I was at home and I am trying to find some records to back that up
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
I doubt a court of law would buy internet usage as proof.

Surely the car parking company have photographic or video evidence of your vehicle in the location they claim at the time they claim?

If not, it’s up to them to prove it, not for you to disprove.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Anybody could have been using your Internet at the time. There is nothing to say it was you so it is a waste of time going down that route.

In any event the car parking company just say that your car was parked at the relevant time. It is then up to the registered keeper to say who the driver was at that time. If you are the registered keeper you just need to tell the company that the vehicle was not in their carpark at that time therefore there was no person driving it.

The Parking company should then provide proof that your vehicle was there at the relevant time. This is normally in the form of either Video or photographs.

Once you have seen that you can then decide how to proceed from there.

These links may be able to give you some help.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&_ga=2.115911685.2081100511.1507024824-132...

0 Ratings
mel13
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I won't bore you with the dispute details.

I'm just trying to build a picture of lots of bits of evidence.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

It looks like there's nothing I can do myself. If I decide to ring BT I will let you know what they say.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

The fact that there may be internet useage between those times would do nothing to prove that you were actually there.

You could've left your PC on to do a full system back up to a cloud service, a torrent client running, large updates etc.

I would ask for evidence from the car parking company.

0 Ratings