Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nowty
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 2 upgrade to Home Hub3 - Infinity 2 speed drops to infinity 1 speed

Go to solution

I have had infinity 2 for the past couple of years and had been having typical speeds of approx 50M+ DOWN and 15M+ UP.

Then about 1 month ago I upgraded to a home hub 5, I paid for it online as I did not want to be tied into another contract. From day 1 with this my speed seems to have been reset to infinity 1 speeds, i.e. 37 DOWN and 10 UP.

OK still pretty reasonable but the point is I am paying for infinity 2 and only getting an infinity 1 service.

I have read a number of threads on this forum which seem to suggest that this is a known problem when upgrading to home hub 5 online which I did and a suggestion is to contact a moderator to fix this.

I tried this but then I received a PM saying that I could not do this via a PM, hence this posting.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 2 upgrade to Home Hub3 - Infinity 2 speed drops to infinity 1 speed

Go to solution

It is a known problem.

The moderators have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Home Hub 2 upgrade to Home Hub3 - Infinity 2 speed drops to infinity 1 speed

Go to solution

Hi Nowty,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to get this sorted, please send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
nowty
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Cheers, all up to infinity 2 speeds again.

But of course should not have dropped in the first place.

0 Ratings