cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northshields
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 5 Regularly Dropping Out

Every alternate Friday at about 4.30pm my Home Hub 5 drops its connection and immediately re-connects. Judging from other posts on this Forum it is a widespread problem and probably related to the Home Hub's firmware. Would it be too much to ask for BT to acknowledge the problem and give an indication of what it is going to do to solve it?

Alternatively, has anyone done any experiments to find out whether it is possible to change the time at which this re-connection happens as 4.30pm on a Friday is very inconvenient (Grandchildren watching a film on NowTV etc).

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Burnedrope
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 5 Regularly Dropping Out

My HH5 rebooted 3 times yesterday. It tends to reboot every single day between 5pm and 7pm. Getting sick of it, to be honest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

I believe it's to do with the cabinet software and the use of a home hub type A. It drops the connection after 14 days.

The work around is to basically reboot the router at a time that it doesn't matter if the connection drops. Let's say your restart it tomorrow morning at 7am, then in 2 weeks time on Monday 28th March, the connection should drop and reconnect at 7am.

Wastedjoker, your issue is different, I suggest starting your own thread and we'll see if we can help 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
northshields
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Webby,

Thank you very much for that. I will try your solution and post back.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

having suffered the 14 days reset problem it does work if you reset at a time suitable to you then the 14 days problem will happen when you are not using internet.  it however does start to 'creep' so you may have to repeat the excercise after a few times

I would add that my 14 day reset probelm stopped all of a sudden and I had 90 days stable before a power cut dropped connection.  it then went 16 days before hh5a firmware dropped conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings