cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigdaddy
Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: Home Hub 5 (Type B)

I phoned BT to ask if the Type B was available to order, and got a reply saying "it was in testing mode at the moment, and only being given to BT staff at this stage" ... sounds a bit odd, unless this is how BT roll these things out??

0 Ratings
Midgetgem1973
Contributor
Message 12 of 22

That's strange as I've been given Type B hub5
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 13 of 22

Hi all, 

Due to the high demand of our BT Infinity options, BT has recently released the Hub 5B. The performance and functionality of the Hub remains unchanged.

Hub 5B performs and functions in exactly the same way as the Hub 5A, BT have simply increased the number of manufacturers to meet the high demand of our BT Infinity options. There are no options available for customers to specifically order one variant.

A comprehensive set of hub5 FAQ’s are available on:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46549/~/bt-home-hub-5

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
bigdaddy
Contributor
Message 14 of 22

I removed my HH5 for a Huawei OR modem and HH4 sometime ago due to reset issues.  The modem's been rock solid, but HH4's reset a few times.  Can anyone tell me what the current firmware number is on the HH5, and how reliable it is, as I'm thinking of swapping it back to see if new firmware's made it anymore stable.

(Wish BT would allow static IP addresses though!)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

current firmware Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6    my HH5a has been stable for 30+ days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 22

I believe, but cannot confirm, that if you have a BT Business account then your IP address is fixed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

@wedding wrote:

I believe, but cannot confirm, that if you have a BT Business account then your IP address is fixed.

I don't think you get a fixed IP  address but with a business account you can get a fixed IP address unlike residential

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bigdaddy
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Wonder what the reasoning is by BT not to allow residential customers static IP addresses?  Sorely tempted to move to PlusNet once my contract is over, but heard some dodgy stories about their service and reliability ... !

Oh well.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 22

just openreach service like all other ISP apart from cable - and it is owned by BT

0 Ratings
bulldog147
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Sagem HomeHub5 [A]  is Lantiq vrx268 1.2.1

Arcadyan Technology Homehub5 B is Broadcom BCM63268

0 Ratings