cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyjwoodhouse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 5 keeps rebooting & losing connection

Hi, i have had BT infinity since March 2012 and it has been great. I have been connected solid for last 12 months to infinity 2 at 49 down and 12 up with the odd glitch.

i upgraded last week and added bt tv and was sent a hh5 and yourview+ box.

since replacing my openreach modem and hh4 with the hh5 on Saturday i have had numerous reboots and disconnects. checking the log slows openrg reboots but mainly PPP LDC send requests about 2 or 3 times a day and it has caused one of my programs not to record on the youview box. Also my speed has now dropped to 45 down and 9 up and i am worried the speed is going to keep dropping with the disconnects.

Is my hh5 at fault? do i need to try switching back to my hh4 and openreach modem? or will this settle down after a few days. Please help!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 5 keeps rebooting & losing connection

Have a read through the forum about problems with the HH5. I would keep the Openreach modem and HH4 if I were you.

andyjwoodhouse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

blimmy, does seem to be alot of us with similar problems.

also, when i recontracted i was told i would get the new advertised speeds for my line of 56-75 down and 17-20 up but not seen a change in speed going up. it has actually come down. i have been on 49 down and 12 up for 12 months and since changing to the hh5 on saturday it is now 45 down and 9 up with my ip profile dropped to 45.47 which is the lowest it has ever been.

Hopefully it will get more stable over the next week and go back up or is that just wishfull thinking.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I think that you were sold a line that your speeds would increase by using the HH5. You can only ever get the speeds that your line can support so changing to the HH5 would/should make no difference.

If you have either connected the Openreach modem and HH4 back up or the HH5 has stopped rebooting your speeds should start to slowly increase back to what it was. It may take a week or two to do that.

0 Ratings