cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Message 31 of 73

Re: Home Hub 5 keeps rebooting itself

The Asus DSL N66U should stop the disconnects.
£130 on Amazon
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Robbo88
Contributor
Message 32 of 73

Yes i have looked and its £124 at PC World, I had the N55U for my Broadband (BT) and had no issue's, so will give it a few days and see what happens (If I have more then 10 disconnects between now and Wednesday) then will get DSL-N66U, just dont understand why firmware updates /  OpenRG / CWMP are such a issue with BT HomeHub 5.

Never had these issues with my BT Voyager 2091 only if that would work with Infinity!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 33 of 73

You could always grab a cheap modem at auction and use your N55U
--
0 Ratings
Robbo88
Contributor
Message 34 of 73

Yeah was thinking that but would rather have a 1 box solution (only one looking good is DSL-N66U) due to power sockets free, also not sure what to get and how to set up as the N55U needs some adjusting to work with Fibre...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 35 of 73

Yeah, it looks a bit too hard https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20130809202150242&board_id=11&model=DSL-N55U&page=1&SLanguag...
--
0 Ratings
Robbo88
Contributor
Message 36 of 73

Yeah I came across that too, might just see what my disconnect rate is come Wednesday and buy the DSL-N66U, or unless a magical new update appears (1.7 or 2.0) to solve all our issues and bring peace to the HH5 world...

0 Ratings
Millerj90
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 73

So far, so good. It looks like the combination of the white modem and the HH5 has put pay to the OpenRG reboots. Not ideal I know, but at the moment I'd rather lose a mains socket and a little speed for a stable service.

Get a grip BT, sort this out.
0 Ratings
Rid808
Beginner
Message 38 of 73

Hope to find fix from this thread other then buy new router.

I seen post from pepole say buy a new router I don't have £50 or £100 spear pound to spend on a router.

I still getting drops no connection alway seem when I watching a video send an email  or on Xbox never seen to happing when I'm not using it.

Don't see why I should pay for a router I'm paying enought.

Is there going to be a Home Hub 6 soon could I get one?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Duke
Message 39 of 73

I'm on my second HH5 in the first 4 months of being in Infinity.

My first HH was more than likely damaged by a power outage/disruption in Jan 15. BT tested it and confirmed that it was damaged.

My replacement HH has only been in use for 2 weeks and it's already playing up. Two reboots that I noticed last night and then no reboots for about 18 hours. Now it reboots as regular as clockwork every 2 hours, at 3 minutes past the hour. This has occured 5 times now. It'll go off, reboot and then immediateley reboot again. Then all is fine until 2 hours later.

BT, in conversation tonight, say that the HH5 is working fine and there's no problem at their end. Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious. They suggested that I swap the ethernet cable around and use the opposite ends. Plus changing which port it's connected to on the back of the HH5. In the next phonecall, 2 hours later, it was suggested that it might be the wall socket that is powering the HH5!!!!!!!!!! I was asked to change which wall socket it was connected to. I did this and two hours later, another double reboot. Another change of socket, and you guessed it, 2 hours later another double reboot. I'll be running an extension from the neighbours house before long.

Why can't BT just admit that the HH5 is a POS, instead of dicking everyone about.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 73

My HH5 is perfect
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings