cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colly-FC
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 5b Rebooting

On line today about 16:30 and lost connection, went to where router lives and it was in the process of rebooting. This was soon done and all working fine again.

Having noticed that it was not showing many day in sync, 6.75 recently. I checked the log and found that it has rebooted several times over recent days. Code 2 Periodic in the log whatever that means.

This mostly happens at about 16:30 and has only been this frequent since the December update. I have posted about this before and thought it had settled down. Only realised it today as I was actually on line when it happened.

Anyone else noticed this with version B Home Hub?

Before the update it would stay connected for many many days without dropping.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 5b Rebooting

There are a few other posts here regarding the hh5 rebooting. suggest a search will find them
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Colly-FC
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Yes I seen many of them before, had hoped someone could throw some new light on it.

Many suggest buying a different router, I don't see why I should need to do that, it has worked well until recently and I wonder about the December update.

I am on infinity and get full speed, my line is deadly quiet and I am close to exchange and cabinet. None of the obvious reasons for rebooting.

0 Ratings
Colly-FC
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Keeping an eye on router now. Managed 4.5 days since last reboot then did it twice on Sunday. I would hope that some BT bod will get to see these posts about this, there are several.

May well be many more routers doing this but if it happens in the early hours or when not using devices people may be unaware.

0 Ratings