Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PCotgrave
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Home Hub 6 Issues

Evening all...

So, I upgraded from the HH5 to HH6 late February before heading away on holiday for a week.

On my return, I expected to see a stable and dare I say it, faster connection via the new Hub which is what I've come to expect over the previous upgrades I've had. This wasn't the case though, if anything it was slower.

Now, having had issues with BT in the past, I made contact with the twitter team to be told that there was no issue with my line, that my request for an IP profile reset would not take place and when I said I felt like I had been mis-sold a product a complaint was raised from supports end and when I couldn't speak to people due to work (shifts) it's fair to say the colleague of the initial support staff became arsey.

I eventually had a live chat with someone who stated that' they'd arrange an engineer visit.

Turns out that I allegedly had a fault on my line (probable lies, as engineer said it was fine when in my home) and got the IP profile reset.

Now, the HH5 I was getting a downstream of 48-51,000 kbps; upstream has never been an issue.

Lowest on this new shower is 42,000 Kbps and since the profile reset that took place 11 days ago was at 46.05 Kbps before I walked in through the door from work today to see it flashing orange, clearly resyncing and surprise surprise another 1mb off the downstream. All in all, lower by at least 5mb compared to the HH5.

So, I'm now considering returning to my previous Hub that I still have.

The query is, have others experienced this and found by reconnecting the older hub the speeds returned or alternatively remained low?

Thankfully it cost me only a tenner for this new Hub but more annoyingly an 18 month contract.

Any advice or experiences would be welcome,

Thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Hub 6 Issues

The superhub has issues, all you need to do is a search on this forum. Go back to the HH5 or even better buy a third party VDSL router.

You'll never regret it.

0 Ratings
bathsheba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

My 6 year old router died, and i was talked into a new contract for 24 months and to buy a new smart hub, which i understand is a version 6.

Arrived on April 3rd, since when I have had two major instances of the line disconnecting and reconnecting over a one hour period.     I reported the first over the weekend, and was told it would be monitored for 48 hours, and then i phoned again about one hour ago, after which i was told an engineer visit for tomorrow.

I have just looked at mybt.com to find I have no faults logged against my account.

0 Ratings
PCotgrave
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Oh Christ!

Well, based on this, I think I'll take the ten quid hit and swap back over to the old Hub until I do a bit of digging for a 3rd party model.

Thanks for everyone's input. Sincerely hope you get things sorted.

0 Ratings
PCotgrave
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Update on this guys from my end.

Went back to the HH5, saw an instant improvement yet I began having issues with the HH5 and NAT types for our Xbox One's.

Had to go back to the HH6 and it's back to the poor connection speed again.

Sent an emailed complaint in, it took BT less than a day to reply.

Advisor stated that the drop in speed is likely down to an increase between the exchange and my home lol, saying it could be the "jointing". I argued that no work has been carried out as far as I'm aware as I've had no downtime, my home nor the exchange has grown legs so doubt the distance has increased.

I argued the toss, line went dead and was eventually recontacted 15 minutes later. I stated that the equipment is not fit for purpose and I've been mid-sold but advised anything above 40 is classed as acceptable, so I have to take a hit of almost 10mb for just under 18 months.

The guy is sending me a new router, but would not reset my IP profile to resync stating that it is fine and that it would not go up??? What's the f***ing point?

Rest assured, if this does not get sorted, I will be raising it to the second stage of complaints, making contact with the ombudsman and will subsequently request my contract be cancelled.

Paying more than other companies for a substandard service when I know I can get a better speed as I have evidence to show yet they fail to read he email or complaint in full is frustrating to say the least.

If anyone from BT reviews these posts, please make contact if based in the UK as 9/10 issues / problems are lost in translation.

Thanks again!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

BT Retail cannot carry out resets on fibre services they can only be carried out by an Openreach engineer if a line fault is found to be the cause other than that you have to wait for the DLM to do its job this can take several weeks of stable connection
0 Ratings