cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Home Hub

Hi, I would like to use my own DNS provider can this be done with a BT router.  I would like to get the smart hub 1  or smart hub 2

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 22

Re: Home Hub

No, it cannot be done at hub level on either hub, you will need to do it on a per machine basis

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Do any of the older hub allow it? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

no

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

I have read that the Business hubs might get around this issue? But it would be good if BT can confirm this before I buy one. Thanks 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 22

It's a long time since I used anything older.

If I remember correctly, the hub5 allows you to select a DDNS provider from a very, very, limited drop-down

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Interesting. The Business hub 5 was what I have been told might work as it has (apparently) a auto/ manual selection for DNS. I presume manual means I can enter my own rather than the usual drop down of five providers. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

This may sound like a daft question, but is there anything on a business hub 5 that confirms it's a business router and not domestic. Will probably try and find one on eBay but don't want someone selling a hub 5 as a business one when it's not.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 22

This is a forum for residential customers so I doubt anyone will be able to answer that.

Try the BT Business forum instead http://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Not a business customer just domestic but unable to set the DNS provider. Will see if I can register on the Business forum. Thanks 

0 Ratings