cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Home Hub

Have signed up for infinity the hub should be deliver on Friday and the engineer is

coming on Tuesday. My question is  can I replace my old hub with the new one when

I get it or should I wait for the engineer on Tuesday.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Home Hub

just wait for the engineer - only a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

which hub are you using at the moment
0 Ratings
Highlighted
luigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

A black HomeHub 2.0

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

as I said not worth the effort for a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

just wait as IMJOLLY has posted
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 7 of 9

I plugged mine in early, but only because I have custom SSID and passwords and I was impatient and wanted to set it up soon as I got it.

Doesn't make too much difference if you plug it in now or not, it will work as normal on your existing BT adsl connection and the engineer bloke will just plug the openreach modem in when he turns up and does his stuff.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 9

I too plugged mine in early.  I wanted to test out configuration, wireless handling and best positioning before installation; just in case any of that had any impact on how I wanted the installation done.

Otherwise, I agree with the others, just wait for the installer to come.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Plug in now and you can connect to the wifi and make sure its ok. The engineer wont have to do this when they come to connect everything up.

Wait, or do it now, it doesnt matter at all.

0 Ratings