cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 76

Re: Home hub hasn't arrived yet

The Hub4 will NOT work with Infinity unless you have a separate Openreach modem.

0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 12 of 76

We don't have a seperate openreach modem. Wtf. I persisted with a guy from BT last night asking if he was a hundred percent sure it would work. He told me it definitely would.
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 13 of 76

So now I'm stuck with no internet. Is there any shops that sell a BT router or other makes of routers that are compatible with infinity 1?? About to ring BT now but can't imagine they will sort something out as quickly as what we need.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 14 of 76

Any VDSL router is compatable with Infinity. TP-Links seem popular with many on this forum. As to which model to get it depends on your budget.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 76

The TD-W9970 is about £25 from Argos

0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 16 of 76

Might look at that. On the phone currently and they are telling me that we have everything we need and they're running tests to sort the problem... contradicts what I'm being told.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 76

This is the one described TP-Link TD-W9970 N300

0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 18 of 76

They are absolutely adamant that the hub we have will work. You guys say I need a modem but I thought the homehub 4 had a modem built in. Who's wrong here?? They're saying there's no fault and we just need to wait longer for it to setup....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 76

It will not work, the home hub 4 only has an ADSL modem inside, not a VDSL one. You need a VDSL one for BT Infinity.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 76

@Littlepace wrote:
They are absolutely adamant that the hub we have will work. You guys say I need a modem but I thought the homehub 4 had a modem built in. Who's wrong here?? They're saying there's no fault and we just need to wait longer for it to setup....

They are talking absolute rubbish, only the HUB5 and HUB6 have built in VDSL modems. Who are 'they' ?

0 Ratings