cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 31 of 76

Re: Home hub hasn't arrived yet

I've ordered the one from Argos that was recommended above. Going to pick up now. Are they easy to setup??
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 76

@Littlepace wrote:
I've ordered the one from Argos that was recommended above. Going to pick up now. Are they easy to setup??

See the link I posted TD-W9970 N300

The info you need is there, its very easy, you just select the ISP  service, and enter the login details, the rest is filled in for you.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 33 of 76

Yes, use the smart setup wizard it will do it all for you. Any problems post back but you should be OK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 76

@Littlepace wrote:
Well they know it's BT infinity. I've already told them that. Should I just bite the bullet and go get a router from Argos. They're telling me that there is a fault outside the house... What is this??! We had no issues before how can there now be a fault. Who am I dealing with here.

They don't 'know' that its Infinity, they won't have taken your word for it, they will just accept what their screen tells them you have. I suspect they think you have a fault because they think you still have ADSL and they can't see a modem at the end of your line.

Littlepace
Contributor
Message 35 of 76

Ok I've got the router installed but I'm not getting any internet still. On mobile when I try and load a webpage I get a BT error page. The tp link page says im connected not sure why it's not working. Any ideas???
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 36 of 76

The error page says service Information you've been brought here for one of several reasons.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 37 of 76

Can you post a screeshot of the connection settings page show we can check everything is as it should be?

Meanwhile I've asked a mod to look in. They may give you the best chat line to speak to to sort this out.

I suspect that although your ADSL has been changed over to Infinity the order hasn't completed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 76

@Littlepace wrote:
The error page says service Information you've been brought here for one of several reasons.

At least you have a connection.

Did you enter the correct login details into the router as described on my webpage, otherwise you will get the message you are seeing. What did you enter in this box for the user name and password?

It needs to be:-

User mame bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password bt

tplinkusername.jpg

0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 39 of 76

Oh no I entered the admin admin again....i didn't realise... I'll change that and see if that works

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 76

@Littlepace wrote:

Oh no I entered the admin admin again....i didn't realise... I'll change that and see if that works

No wonder you got that error code Smiley Wink

It would not authenticate properly.

0 Ratings