cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: Home hub sync limit

Go to solution

who actually did the DLM reset  if openreach then engineer would needed to phone up but looks more like just a hub reset which can be done remotely

which exchange and cab are you on as that was missing from previous dslchecker results

does your package in MYBT show as fibre 1?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly , we are on Didmarton cabinet E2. I will post the full report for you just a moment

DLM reset was performed on 9th Feb by and Openreach engineer after resolving minor wiring issues in the cabinet.

BTW Line Checker.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution

so you are on a Huawei cab so if you can get your connection sorted out and stable then you should get a boost when DLM activates G.INP.  just need to get connection sorted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks @imjolly 

After the DLM reset on Feb 9th, the download sync speed snapped up to 40Mbps after the first full 24-hour day of connection, and has stuck there ever since. I have to admit I thought that was G.INP activating at that point, and thereafter I had high SNRs just because there was a 40Mbps cap on the cabinet. The connection has been rock solid since, so I'm not sure how much more sorted it can get.

The original topic remains - is there enough evidence here to sponsor a re-provisioning of the line to allow us to break that limit? As it stands I believe we can never see the max speeds shown on the checker, even though the line seems to be capable.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution
Sorry, and yes the package is Fibre 1.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 33

Go to solution

the maximum speed from checker estimated range  is 41mb  - just 1mb higher than current connection

that is not a fixed limit just the expected range - sometime customers do get better than top estimated speed

you/we  are just going round and round so have asked mods to check if you are on the old essential max of 40mb or in banded profile or just line problems

Message 27 of 33

Go to solution
Thank you @imjolly, I appreciate these things are not clear cut sometimes and I do really appreciate the learning from this community discussion.

I'll look forward to contact from the mods in due course.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @threetreesderek

I'm glad to see that your connection appears to be working good. We can take a look into it to see what your limit appears to be. I'll send you a private message with some information that we need to do that for you.

Thanks for flagging this to me @imjolly.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS, (or anyone else) 

Sorry to raise this but any way you can set expectations on picking up this issue? We are about to go into the 7th working day since I sent you the details over PM - my memory was usually 3-5 working days for moderator activity.

If I'm still in line then great and sorry to chase, but I am getting a bit worried I have been missed for some reason,

Derek

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @threetreesderek  sorry that you have not been contacted. I've checked and can't find your details in the queue so would you please reply to the PM I've just sent you and one of the team will pick this up tomorrow. 
We did have a problem with some PMs last week and that may have caused this to be missed. 

cheers

John