cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricky88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Home hub trouble

Been having real trouble lately with bt, check my other threads and they are probably related, my broadband light on my home hub is flashing orange and wont allow me to connect to the internet, it has done this before but usually a reset will solve it, i can't phone bt as the phone line isnt working and i am posting this on my phone so i can only do limited things on here, is there any way to bypass my home hub and connect the computer straight to the modem as im looking at two days at least until i can get it sorted
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
andypurcell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: Home hub trouble

I'd assume a phone line fault if this isn't working either. Would they not send out an engineer pretty quickly to solve this if both your phone line and broadband were down?

Maybe BT will know of an ongoing fault in the area or something also?

0 Ratings
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

Hi ricky88,

If the problem is a phone problem then you need to call 151 and ask for an engineer to be sent out.

If it was an area problem it would be shown at bt.com/servicestatus.

Check that link and it will show if there is a BT problem in your area.

Best Wishes,

Dominic. 

0 Ratings
ricky88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

There are no problems reported in my area, i cant phone to arrange an engineer appointment as my phone line doesnt work, and today as easter sunday and tomo is a bank holiday so il will be unlikely to get one before tuesday or wednesday. It was working fine last night
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

what are the lights on the Openreach modem showing
0 Ratings
ricky88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

All the lights are fine except the dsl one, it keeps flashing for a while and then will stop all together then keep flashing, i managed to connect to the internet for about 3 minutes and then it did the same thing..
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

it is not a hub problem you have a line problem if the modem is losing sync it needs a engineer visit to resolve the problem
0 Ratings
ricky88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

How would i go about getting an appointment and how long will it take? Please bear in mind i have no phone to contact bt with
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 14

You will need to contact the moderators, they will take personal ownership over your case until resolved.

You can contact them here, they normally respond in 3 days.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 14

You should really go through normal means of getting an appointment before contacting the moderators. You can report a fault online from the BT website.

0 Ratings