cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrutless
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Home move issues

I started a home move order with BT Infinity Thursday 24th October and had a text on the 26th saying that the order 'had failed in the system' and they would contact me before 8pm on the 29th to advise of new ref number etc etc. Well I didn't hear anything up until then so I decided to contact them myself - they said the order had been cancelled! The original order was due to complete on the 6th and having started a new order with the chap on the phone he advised me that the new activation date for the new order would be on the 14th November. As you can imagine my blood was boiling inside at this point but I kept it together and accepted I may have to wait a bit longer.

ANYWAY I just had a text this second saying 'due to circumstances outwith our control a new appointment to install BT telephone and Infinity has been booked on Friday 22/11/2013.

Why am I regretting extending my contract with BT again, yet again. Please can a moderator help me either by speeding up the process or restoring the original activation date of the 14th? We have made arrangements to be off work and everything and cannot change it now due to the nature of our jobs.

If this can't be done would someone be able to cancel the Infinity (not the phone line order) and I will go with Sky like it looks like I should have done in the first place.

Once again, a very unhappy 'customer'.

Dean

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home move issues

The people you need to speak to at BT to get this sorted out work for the Customer Option Team (COT), and are all based in the UK. I think you can get through to them by dialing 0800800150, then choosing option 3 and then option 4.

What you will have to do is deal with them firmly and negotiate a priority install on your chosen date.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi Wrutless,

I'm sorry for the delay getting services moved over to your new address.  I'd like to help you from here.  Click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
wrutless
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks Robbie I have sent off the form to you

0 Ratings
wrutless
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Any news on this problem Robbie?

Cheers
Dean
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

It takes at least 3/5 working days - not weekends.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
wrutless
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

That would take me past my original install date though...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

Hence my original advice
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings