cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickp986
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: HomeHub 5 drops connection 3 or 4 times per day

As daft as it sounds these new hubs are sensitive to electrical interference mine has drove me nuts and it turned out the pump on my heating system was on its way out. So every time it kicked in the box reset changed the pump moved the box well away from anything electrical never had a problem since.

0 Ratings
bexman77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Interesting Rick, I did think about this and mentioned it to the engineer on the last visit.

The router is sat on the desk, behind the LCD monitor, next to a sonos controller and NAS. I'm thinking of elevating it to a shelf or something similar.

0 Ratings
bexman77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Quick update, modem up and running connected to HH5. I've been keeping an eye on the stats on the router and was expecting the connection time to be showing days and not hours. It's not I haven't seen the connection time go over 20 hours, am I looking at the right thing?

I'm beginning to wonder if I do have any interference throwing my connection out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

From experience, my connection was dropping out 4 times a day and some times non stop, I also had many replacement HH5's and they all had the same problem, it turned out there was wireless interference from my side which was the SamKnows monitoring box. Maybe there could be something that could be causing interference wirelessly from your side?
0 Ratings
bexman77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

I'm beginning to think this...I have a CCTV controller attached to it and situated close to it, a sonos controller/bridge and a NAS. May do some more digging
0 Ratings
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 16

Hmmm try removing it for a day and see if it has any effect
0 Ratings